Friday, January 14, 2005

The US should give the UN what it deserves...

And what it deserves, in my opinion, is the invitation to move it useless bureacratic 'appendages', lock stock and barrel to somewhere that it will be properly appreciated. Say Paris for example...

If you didn't notice, I can't seem to rouse much enthusiasm for the UN. The Oil for Food scandal, and the general lack of accountability, plus the overt anti-US stance of most of its representatives have pretty much finished any willingness on my part to give this dead, defunct, League of Nations look alike a second chance.

Then I discovered the Diplomad, and started seeing how the UN operates on the 'frontline' as it were; or really as it isn't. What I found was that the reality appears for worse than I imagined. Read more of this excellent source and blogger here. I believe you will agree with me.

Does this mean I don't believe in the necessity of an Internation organization? Absolutely not; I just believe it needs to be effective and should represent interests that actually promote the current US interests, or at least not be a fount of the current left/liberal incessesant preaching of anti-Americanism, when America is one the only countries that consitently attempts to help other countries to be self supporting as dynamic economies and not as third world 'victims'. I think the initial tsunami response coalition of countries that actually got aid on the ground and moving to those that needed it would be a good place to start.

After all, membership in the UN, like our Constitution, was not intended to be a suicide pact.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home